Hotel and Catering Operations
If you have an interest in hotel and catering operations, and you hold a Grade 11 Certificate, National Certificate (Vocational) Level 3 or equivalent qualification, this Short Learning Programme is for you.
This multifaceted sector includes hotels, restaurants, catering services and event management. Through this programme, you will gain skills in costing, food preparation, and industry operations, along with improved computer literacy using Windows applications.
Three months of experiential training for work-readiness is included in this programme.
The recommended duration is eleven months with an option to extend to eighteen months at no additional cost.
Grade 11 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) Level 3; or equivalent qualification or Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus in the distance mode of education with support provided at Learner Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus Learner Support Centre nationwide.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
* Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
** Please note that Learners must obtain experiential training (workplace experience) for a minimum of three months. The obligation to find a suitable experiential training workplace does not rest with Boston City Campus.
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- An understanding of the hospitality environment
- Insight into the various elements of event management
- Ability to demonstrate computer literacy in the hospitality environment
- Ability to execute administrative functions within the hospitality environment
- Ability to demonstrate the preparation of basic food and drinks in the hospitality environment
- Ability to maintain own operations in the hospitality environment
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Hotel & Catering Operations