This unique Short Learning Programme is a quick skills acquisition course that will ready you with the skills needed to be a booking agent.
This programme provides skills in fares, ticketing, and travel documentation, becoming proficient in industry procedures and software. You will also acquire knowledge of the travel and tourism industry, including destination knowledge and global travel geography.
This Short Learning Programme can serve as a foundation for pursuing admission to a Boston Higher Certificate or Occupational Qualification, should you wish to continue your studies.
The recommended duration is eleven months with an option to extend to eighteen months at no additional cost.
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4; or equivalent qualification or alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus in the distance mode of education with support provided at Learner Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus Learner Support Centre nationwide or online.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
* Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Learners are free to select an alternative system, for example Galileo but this is not taught at Boston. In this case the Learner must not register for the module Global Distribution System but must furnish proof of certification.
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- An understanding of the travel and tourism industry
- Ability to operate in the travel and tourism environment
- Destination knowledge
- Conversant in travel geography
- A working knowledge and competency with fares and ticketing, and travel documentation
- Ability to handle procedures and transactions according to industry and operational requirements
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Booking Agent