This unique programme has been designed to introduce you to the world of marketing. You will learn about a broad range of theories, principles, and processes, enhancing your insight into this exciting space.
This programme includes topics such as the principles of marketing, consumer behaviour, applied psychology, and integrated marketing communication within an organisation. You will be able to apply everything that you have learned to real-world contexts. In addition, this programme will also develop your skills in using Windows-based applications and the internet and how to leverage these skills within a marketing environment.
This Short Learning Programme can serve as a foundation for pursuing admission to a Boston Higher Certificate or Occupational qualification, should you wish to continue your studies.
Marketing Management Short Learning Programme
1 Year (full-time)
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus in the distance mode of education with support provided at Learner Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus Learner Support Centre nationwide or online.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
- Introduction to PC*
- Understanding the Internet*
- Marketing Management*
- Consumer and Buyer Behaviour*
- Integrated Marketing Communication*
- Applied Psychology 1*
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Apply the principles of marketing to real life situations
- Apply basic theories and processes to key concepts and principles of consumer behaviour and applied psychology.
- Knowledge of the integrated marketing communication function within an organisation – planning, implementing and monitoring
- Display an awareness of personal and cultural sensitivity within organisations
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Marketing 101