This Short Learning Programme has been carefully designed to ensure that you cover the basics needed for entering a career as a Media Consultant.
By studying this programme, you’ll gain theory and insight into the principles of advertising and journalism and the variety of job functions within advertising and journalism, as well as introductory knowledge of Public Relations and the role of PR within an organisation.
On completion of this qualification, you will be able to use this SLP to apply for admission to a Boston Higher Certificate, should you wish to study further.
1 Year (full-time)
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4; or equivalent qualification OR Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus in the distance mode of education with support provided at Learner Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus Learner Support Centre nationwide or online.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
- Word Processing*
- Presentation Graphics*
- Understanding the Internet*
- Principles of Advertising*
- Principles of Journalism*
- Introduction to Public Relations*
- Business English*
- General Office Practice*
- Media Law 1 (OMLW11615)*
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Insight into job functions of advertising and journalism
- Knowledge of full PR function within an organisation – planning, implementing and monitoring
- Ability to utilise word processing and presentation graphics with ease
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Media Consultant.