This Short Learning Programme prepares you for a career as a Paralegal. The programme will give you an understanding of the social, economic, and political framework in which our legal system operates.
You will gain an understanding of the different fields of law and how they affect our daily lives, and develop insight into human rights and how to advise others of their rights to ensure that disadvantaged people are not exploited. You’ll be able to identify and research legal issues, and learn how to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based applications.
This Short Learning Programme can serve as a foundation for pursuing admission to a Boston Higher Certificate if you wish to continue your studies.
Paralegal Boston Short Learning Program
1 Year (full-time)
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus in the distance mode of education with support provided at Learner Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus Learner Support Centre nationwide.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- An understanding of the social, economic and political framework in which our legal system operates
- Ability to understand the different fields of law and how they affect our daily lives
- Ability to understand one’s rights and advise others of those rights; ensuring that disadvantaged people are not exploited
- Ability to identify legal issues and understand how the law deals with these problems
- Ability to research legal issues
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Paralegal.