If you are looking for a hands-on Short Learning Programme that will equip you with the necessary knowledge, skills, and competencies to become a Bookkeeper, this course could be your ideal choice.
Through this programme, you will acquire the skills to accurately record income, receipts, payments, and prepare ledger balances and general ledger accounts. Additionally, you will learn how to perform VAT calculations, handle returns and record business transactions. This Short Learning Programme also encompasses an occupational skills component via the Financial Management Institute.
Bookkeeper Skills Programme
1 Year (full-time)
54 (Skills Programme)
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) 4; or equivalent qualification OR Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus in the distance mode of education with support provided at Learner Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus Learner Support Centre nationwide.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
- Word Processing*
- Spreadsheets Advanced*
- General Office Practice*
- Computerised Accounting (Pastel)*
- Introduction to Business Accounting (FMI)**
- Practical Bookkeeping 1 (FMI)**
- Practical Bookkeeping 2 (FMI)**
- Intermediate Accounting 1 (FMI)**
- Intermediate Accounting 2 (FMI)**
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Formative Assessments are for practice purposes in order to prepare for the Summative Assessment. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A supplementary Summative Assessment opportunity is available and will be charged for.
Membership and Assessment fees to FMI, and the Pastel on-line Assessment fee will be charged separately.
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Ability to record income and receipts
- Ability to make and record payments
- Ability to prepare ledger balances and an initial trial balance
- Ability to maintain financial records and prepare general ledger accounts
- Ability to perform VAT calculations and complete returns
- Ability to record business transactions
- Ability to finalise and interpret accounts
OCCUPATIONAL SKILLS PROGRAMME / BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
- On successful completion the Learner will be issued:
- A Bookkeeper Skills Programme with a total of 54 credits on NQF 4/5 from FASSET SETA
- A Boston Short Learning Programme Bookkeeper