Public Relations Assistant
This Short Learning Programme will prepare you practically as a public relations assistant.
A distinct feature of this programme is its focus on integrated marketing communications and the principles of journalism. This will assist you with media relations as an element of public relations. You’ll develop insight into the importance of communication skills and customer service principles. Additionally, you will receive training in general office practices and operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based applications.
On completion of this qualification, you will be able to use this SLP to apply for admission to a Boston Higher Certificate, should you wish to study further.
1 Year (full-time)
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) 4; or equivalent qualification OR Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus in the distance mode of education with support provided at Learner Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus Learner Support Centre nationwide.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
- Introduction to PC*
- Word Processing*
- Presentation Graphics*
- Understanding the Internet*
- Introduction to Public Relations*
- Principles of Journalism*
- General Office Practice*
- Business English*
- Integrated Marketing Communication 1 (OINT11615)*
- Principles of Customer Service*
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
- Ability to operate effeictively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Ability to practicse inside an integrated marketing communications department
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the place of public relations in the organisation
- Ability to assist with media relations
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Public Relations Assistant