Payroll Administrator / Assistant Bookkeeper
If you seek a fast-paced skills-building course in Bookkeeping that can boost your career, this Short Learning Programme will provide you with a foundational understanding of business accounting, equipping you with practical bookkeeping expertise for recording business transactions. Furthermore, it offers intermediate-level insights into Payroll Administration.
This Short Learning Programme includes an occupation skills component through the Financial Management Institute (FMI)
Payroll Administrator Programme
6 Months (full-time)/1 Year (part-time)
38 (Skills Programme)
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) 4; or equivalent qualification OR Learners can apply for RPL entry into the Programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus in the distance mode of education with support provided at Learner Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus Learner Support Centre nationwide.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
- Introduction to PC*
- Word Processing*
- General Office Practice*
- Introduction to Business Accounting (FMI)**
- Practical Bookkeeping 1 (FMI)**
- Practical Bookkeeping 2 (FMI)**
- Computerised Payroll (Sage/Pastel)*
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**Formative Assessments are for practice purposes in order to prepare for the Summative Assessment. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A supplementary Summative Assessment opportunity is available and will be charged for.
Membership and Assessment fees to FMI, and the Pastel on-line Assessment fee will be charged separately.
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of
- Windows-based end-user applications
- A working knowledge of Sage/Pastel Payroll software
- Process weekly/monthly wages, earnings, deductions in accordance with regulations
- An understanding of the office operational environment
- Ability to record income and receipts
- Ability to make and record payments
- Ability to prepare ledger balances and an initial trial balance
- Ability to maintain financial records and prepare general ledger accounts
- Ability to perform VAT calculations and complete returns
- Ability to record business transactions
OCCUPATIONAL SKILLS PROGRAMME / BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
An Assistant Bookkeeper Skills Programme with a total of 38 credits on NQF Level 4/5 from FASSET SETA.
A Boston Short Learning Programme Payroll Administrator/Assistant Bookkeeper.