Introduction to Web & Graphic Design
If you have a Grade 10 Certificate, National Certificate (Vocational) Level 2, or equivalent qualification, and an interest in web and graphic design, this Short Learning Programme is tailored for you.
In this programme, you will gain advanced web design skills with CSS, Dreamweaver, and graphic techniques. You will learn about web page design, form creation and image optimisation for web and print. Additionally, you will master tasks like working with selections, layers, masks, and image modes, enhancing your web design proficiency.
1 Year (full-time)
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) Level 2; or equivalent qualification OR Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus in the distance mode of education with support provided at Learner Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus Learner Support Centre nationwide or online.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
- Ability to create a website
- Use of advanced CSS techniques
- Ability to publish websites
- Use of AP and Spry elements
- Ability to design and create web pages in a website
- Ability to work with graphic selections
- Form creation
- Ability to integrate external files with Dreamweaver
- Ability to work with selections
- Ability to work with vector paths, shapes, layers and masks
- Ability to automate tasks
- Ability to save images for web and print
- Ability to work with video files
- Ability to work with layers
- Ability to enhance images
- Ability to use image modes and colour adjustments
- Ability to use paint and filters
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Introduction to Web & Graphic Design
Ito RPL, on successful completion the Learner may apply for admission to an Institute Learning Programme in ICT such as CompTIA or Microsoft, alternatively they may apply for admission to a Boston Short Learning Programme or an Occupational Qualification of which either have a Grade 11 certificate or equivalent qualification as the entry requirement. Each submission is individually evaluated, hence neither admissio nor advanced placement is assured.