The Retail Marketer
Retail marketing refers to the strategies and activities businesses employ to promote and sell their products or services directly to consumers. This Short Learning programme prepares you with the knowledge, insight, and competencies needed for the job functions of retail marketing, stock control, and customer service.
Through this programme, you will develop an understanding of marketing management, consumer and buyer behaviour, and retail marketing. You’ll learn about sales and promotion practices and stock control. In addition, it will enable you to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based applications.
This Short Learning Programme can serve as a foundation for pursuing admission to a Boston Higher Certificate or Occupational qualification, should you wish to continue your studies.
1 Year (full-time)
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4; or equivalent qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus in the distance mode of education with support provided at Learner Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus Learner Support Centre nationwide or online .
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
- Introduction to PC*
- Word Processing*
- Marketing Management 1 (OMKT11615)*
- Principles of Customer Service*
- Consumer and Buyer Behaviour*
- Retail Marketing*
- Sales and Promotion Practice (OSPS11615)*
- Stock Control*
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Apply general marketing principles to real life situations
- Apply basic processes and theories to key concepts and principles of advertising and retail marketing
- Insight into the job functions of retail marketing, stock control and customer service
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme The Retail Marketer