This Short Learning programme prepares you for the field of Project Management. It enables you to assess the full extent of a project, plan each phase step-by-step, monitor progress, and keep implementation on track.
In this programme, you will acquire skills in maintaining focus, delegating responsibilities, and implementing effective monitoring. You will develop the ability to manage project budgets, identify and handle potential issues or deficiencies that may arise, and provide regular reporting.
Upon completion of the programme, you will receive a Boston Short Learning Programme Certificate. Additionally, if you successfully complete the external examination associated with Project+ you will be issued an internationally recognised Project+ Credential Certificate from CompTIA. You are also able to register as an Associate member of Project Management South Africa.
Project Management Short Learning Programme
1 Year (full-time)
National Senior Certificate; or National Certificate (Vocational) Level 4; or equivalent Qualification OR alternatively Learners can apply for RPL entry into the programme from the Academic Committee at Boston Head Office.
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus in the distance mode of education with support provided at Learner Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus Learner Support Centre nationwide and online.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
*Formative Assessments are undertaken and the highest grade achieved in Formative Assessment is retained. The final grade is based on the Summative Assessment only. A maximum of one (1) additional supplementary assessment opportunity is provided for the Summative Assessment, which will be charged for.
**The Learner may participate in as many non-formal Formative Assessments as is required in order to prepare for the International exam. Once declared ready, the Learner may then sit for the International Summative Assessment. All International Summative Assessments require a Learner to be declared Competent in each. There is no supplementary opportunity as the Learner is permitted to sit for the International Summative Assessment as many times as is required, until declared Competent. Each International Summative Assessment sitting attracts an additional fee.
CompTIA Examination fees will be charged separately.
PMSA STUDENT (ASSOCIATE) MEMBERSHIP
Project Management South Africa (PMSA) is a not-for-profit, member-based professional association serving the knowledge, networking and representation needs of practising project managers in South Africa. Boston Learners will be registered as Student (Associate) Members of PMSA with access to various industry magazines, publications, textbook articles and project management articles. PMSA Membership Fees will be charged separately.
Well Organised | Meticulous | Able to Delegate | Friendly | Ability to Remain Calm Under-Pressure | Responsible | Confident
- Ability to operate effectively in the workplace using a number of Windows-based end-user applications
- Ability to assess full extent of particular project
- Ability to plan step-by-step each phase and delivery point of project
- Ability to monitor progress, generate progress reports and keep implementation on track throughout process
- Ability to recognise shortcomings and potential problems during the project, as and when or and even before they occur
- Ability to stay calm and make the correct decisions, with appropriate consultation with stakeholders, when things need to change during the project
- Ability to keep all project goals in focus, so as to ensure full delivery of all aims of project
- Ability to delegate responsibility and monitor appropriately
- Ability to control budget at all stages and report at regular intervals
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME / BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued:
- A Project+ Credential Certificate from CompTIA (Internationally recognized)
- A Boston Short Learning Programme Project Management