Register Online to Study Online
Download the Fact Sheet for additional, detailed programme information.
YEAR ONE MODULES
- Music Production Fundamentals 1 (Propellerheads Reason)
- Music Production Fundamentals 2 (Native Instruments)
- Music Theory
- Intermediate Production with Steinberg Cubase
Love of Music | Creative | Free Spirited | Passionate | Technical
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Basic and advanced music composition with a focus on modern and electronic music styles
- Drum programming
- Scales and intervals
- Quantizing and groove timing
- Basic and advanced synthesis
- Chords and chord progressions
- MIDI sequencing
- Effects processing – inserts and sends
- Sound shaping
- Vocal recording and microphone techniques
- Audio editing
- Film score composition and production
- Sound to picture editing
- Compression and dynamics processing
- Post production – mixing and mastering
- Native instruments
- Remixer, Producer, Live Artist
- Film Score Composition
- Sound and Music Design for Games, TV, Film and other Multimedia Applications
- Record Producer
- Post Production and Mastering Engineer
Africa’s largest independent dance record label, Soul Candi, has teamed up with Boston
City Campus & Business College to bring you a revolutionary new approach to digital
music composition and production. This Short Learning Programme, one of a kind in Africa,
seamlessly integrates modern music composition with all the latest music production
techniques being used by the world’s best hit-making producers.
Grade 11 Certificate; or National Certificate: (Vocational) L3; or equivalent qualification. No previous knowledge of music or experience with any musical instrument required.
Grade 10 Certificate; or National Certificate: (Vocational) L2; or equivalent qualification. Some previous knowledge of music or experience with any musical instrument is required.
BOSTON SHORT LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued a Boston Short Learning Programme Introduction to Digital Music Composition and Production.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.