Security Analytics Specialist
If you have completed a CompTIA A+ and Network+ Credential Certificates or Microsoft Network Associate certification, as well as two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus, this may be a continuing professional development programme that you would be interested in.
This programme will prepare you with the foundational skills and knowledge of Linux system administration, security concepts and infrastructure, data analysis, and how to interpret the results to identify an organisation’s vulnerabilities, threats, and risks.
Upon completing the external examinations associated with this programme you will receive International recognition as a CompTIA Security Analytics Specialist (CSIA), including a Linux+ Credential Certificate from CompTIA, a Security+ Credential Certificate from CompTIA, and a Cyber Security Analyst+ Credential Certificate from CompTIA.
Security Analytics Specialist Short Learning Programme
This programme is offered by Boston City Campus in the distance mode of education with support provided at Learner Support Centres. Apply to register at any Boston City Campus Learner Support Centre nationwide or online.
All modules are compulsory and must be passed.
- Linux+ (CompTIA)*
- Security+ (CompTIA)*
- CySA+ (Cyber Security Analyst+) (CompTIA)*
*The Learner may participate in as many non-formal Formative Assessments as are required in order to prepare for the International exam. Once declared ready, the Learner may then sit for the International Summative Assessment. All International Summative Assessments require a Learner to be declared Competent. There is no supplementary opportunity as the Learner is permitted to sit for the International Summative Assessment as many times as is required, until declared Competent. Each International Summative Assessment sitting attracts an additional fee.
Prescribed textbooks are included in tuition fees.
Learners may sit their International CompTIA Examinations at Boston City Campus. These examination fees are excluded but charged at cost.
- Foundational skills and knowledge of Linux system administration
- Skills and knowledge of security concepts and infrastructure
- Perform data analysis
- Interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organisation
INSTITUTE LEARNING PROGRAMME
On successful completion the Learner will be issued:
- A Linux+ Credential Certificate from CompTIA (Internationally recognised)
- A Security+ Credential Certificate from CompTIA (Internationally recognised)
- A Cyber Security Analyst+ Credential Certificate from CompTIA (Internationally recognised)
- International recognition as a CompTIA Security Analytics Specialist (CSIA)