As we progress at a rapid pace into the fourth industrial revolution, it has become increasingly critical to understand how to make use of the vast computer resources available on the Cloud to adapt to changing business needs.
The days of creating and servicing internal Information Technology infrastructures are rapidly fading in the wake of Virtual Computer infrastructures to make IT environments more flexible, scalable and affordable.
What is Cloud Computing? “The practice of using a network of remote servers hosted on the Internet to store, manage, and process data, rather than a local server or a personal computer.”
This course on Virtual Computing will equip you with not only the knowledge to understand the most fundamental Cloud computing concepts, but also provide a physical practical exposure to configure a variety of Virtual Computing technologies such as Oracle VirtualBox, VMware Workstation, Microsoft Hyper-V and more. As a cloud computing consultant you can offer your services to a company, with the unique selling point that “a high-performing private cloud can help cut up to 60% of operational expenses”.
Boston prepares people, whether new to the workplace or employed in an industry, to offer services in Cloud Computing and its configuration, set-up and networking, to any large or small to medium enterprise.
- Introduction to Virtual Computing
- Working with Oracle VM VirtualBox 5
- Working with VMware Workstation 12 Pro
- Data Centre Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Working with Microsoft Hyper-V
- Working with Virtual Machine Manager
- Working with VMware vSphere
- Implementing a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
The online structure of this course provides guided access to live server environments for configuring Virtual Computing platforms from anywhere. No dedicated hardware or software required!
Use the knowledge and skills gained in this course to effectively function as a:
- Cloud Solutions Technician
- Cloud Technology Consultant
- Data Centre Support Technician
- Virtual Systems Administrator
Duration: The course can be completed in 70 Hours or less over a time period of one year flexible self-paced learning. Students can attend online as either full time or part time learners.